[OM] Timing is everything - Literally

Subject: [OM] Timing is everything - Literally
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 17:13:42 -0500
So, like a total idiot (hey, idiots are "in-season"), I came up with a
brilliant idea for a darkroom timer in the midst of thinking about
divesting myself of the darkroom. It's unfortunate that the total
market for this type of thing would be less than 500 units, so it
makes no sense to do it, but it would be awfully slick:

Imagine with me for a 22 seconds at F4.5...

1. A digital darkroom timer that is fully programmable from both
internal and external via apps, programs, scripts, etc. Both USB
interface and WiFi built-in.

2. Built-in 7 inch touch-screen.

3. Sensor "puck" for moving around on easel to get specific readings.

4. Tiny camera mounted on lens-board that is reading and measuring the
projected light down on the easel. The software will invert the image
and present the picture in positive on the screen.

5. Software will use the captured image to help determine exposure and
contrast grades.

6. Spot "editing" by tapping on a portion of the picture and adjusting
exposure for the calculation and creating of additional burn-in
sequences. The spot "edits" can be labeled and numbered for sequence.

7. Both the digital image and all exposure information are stored in a
database and/or common directory file structure for reload, using EXIF
data in the JPEG file for reloading all the commands into the
enlarger.

8. Standard split-grade support

9. Paper/process calibration (curves) can be loaded into software by the user.

10. Automatic exposure offset/correction when changing enlarger height
or adjustment in f-stop.

11. Voice command, audio playback of steps and instructions.

12. Process Timer built in and may be triggered by voice.

13. Open Source the whole thing and wash my hands of the entire affair.

AG Schnozz