Re: [OM] Flying high

Subject: Re: [OM] Flying high
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 20:10:59 +0200
Ken,

I think under the circumstances I might have reacted in a similar way to the victim - If they had drawn strawsor some other means of fairly selecting4 people and I came up unlucky then I would think fair enough and leave without a fuss (or even explained why the employeees should take preference to me) but this doesn't appear to have been done fairly and it then escalated into an incident - should we put our trust in people who can't handle a simple task like an overbooked planewithout resorting to violence.

An airline supervisor walked onto the plane and brusquely announced: “We have United employees that need to fly to Louisville tonight. … This flight’s not leaving until four people get off.”

“That rubbed some people the wrong way,” Bridges said.

On a related note a pal and I were flying lufthansa to Munch oktobetrfest 15 years ago and as we got to checkin they announced the flight was overbooked, I knew this happened so suggested to my pal to wait, 150 Euros compensation a bump to business class on the next flight 4 hours later and free use of the business lounge and facilities (aka Alchohol) all was good everyone happy and no need to pull us unwilling from the plane - they did have to pry us from the bar though :-)

IanW

BTW I am also starting tostudy IT security (want to get my CISSP) as I need to get back control of my career rather than wait for someone in finance to decide I cost to much (why do they always forget the cost cutting on the Titanic)