Re: [OM] OT: Social Oddities

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Social Oddities
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 15:05:27 -0700
On 4/12/2017 1:09 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
Musty Moose wrote:
Remarriage, late in life, works sometimes, but at a certain point,
it's more about companionship than anything else.
Speak for yourself, young man!
I certainly would not have consider you to be in that category. You
two have been together a long time

Sixteen years, and it just gets better.

  and even married before you got old enough to worry about your daily movement.

Sheesh! Yet another scurrilous generalization about those no longer cursed with
the afflictions of youth!

Now, when we're talking about Jim,

Easy now! ;-) Jim is one of my heroes. I know something about having a wife die, but I was only 44, and we had "only" been together about 15 years. Jim was a lot older and they had had a lifetime together. But there he is, rising above the despondence into which he could have disappeared; still learning and improving at his chosen avocation and adding his grace and experience of life to three more generations. Still brightening my/our days with his images and example. Cheers, Jim!

while he's up there in Geritol Land,

I've heard the name, but had no idea what it might be. The web tells me it's just a vitamin and mineral supplement brand marketed to older folks. If taking supplements is a symptom of age, I am surrounded by elderly of few chronological years. I already knew what "Nature's spelled backwards" is, but don't need that supplement, either. Relaxation and lack of stress is highly regular way to live. ;-)

he's hanging out with some lovely young ladies who share the love of aviation.
You never know...

You never do. Dad died when Mom was 66, pretty young, from my present perspective. As far as I know, she never looked at another man for the next 20 years she lived. Proper (theologically correct) Mormon behavior, but her father remarried not long after her mother died. Some other women would have been on the prowl by 67. No blame, either way.

PS: "In fact, what goes on in nursing homes, assisted living facilities or
other large residential congregations of elderly people is a lot closer to
what goes on in spring break hotels than most people would ever imagine."
I used to work in a nursing home a zillion years ago. This puritan had
no idea what I was seeing.

Ah, the innocence of youth!

Young at Heart Moose