Re: [OM] Smartphone apps for photography

Subject: Re: [OM] Smartphone apps for photography
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2017 12:33:42 -0700
On 4/8/2017 11:47 AM, Bill Pearce wrote:
I'm sorry, but I don't get apps for photos. Who wants their photos to look just like everyone elses? And who wants all their photos to look the same?

To merge metaposts, that's like assuming that all chili dogs are the same,
without tasting them.

Yes, many such apps are just a bunch of canned 'looks'. No, they aren't all like that. (On the pre-set apps I've tried on my PC, each is pre-set is just that, a set of slider settings, which may be modified to taste.)

I know a pro (i.e., has made his living for decades from fine art photography and printing, and is a PS master) who is now doing initial processing with LR Mobile on an iPad, and quite likes it.

No, I don't - as yet - but who knows . . .

Balanced Moose

RIP, Flukey's HotDogs and Bat-a-Ball