Re: [OM] OT: Odd Things In Life

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Odd Things In Life
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 19:12:45 -0700
On 3/30/2017 6:22 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
      As we go through life, we're used to seeing things organised in certain
numbers, such as a dozen eggs, a six-pack of beer or soda, and so forth.

Why is it then that my ice cube trays have 14 ice cubes

The relationship between the preferred cube size of the designer and the size
of ice cube trays?

I just checked. We have two trays with 14 cubes, one with 16, slightly larger
cubes, and a small one with 10.

  and the egg shelf in my refrigerator has pockets for 16 eggs?

That's easier. It's so you can buy a dozen before you are completely out. Our fridge doesn't have those pockets, so I have to have either room for two cartons of a dozen, one part empty, cut the carton in half when a new one comes in, or have a separate container for 4-6.

Cluck Moose