Re: [OM] Win7 Is Us!

Subject: Re: [OM] Win7 Is Us!
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 13:23:21 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Well, after seven weeks this situation has gone from bad, to worse, to
termination.  Whatever the problem is, it has been destroying one function at a
time whenever I turn it on.  This morning, IE(whtever) would not recognise the
Wifi adapter, even though the Wifi adapter said it had a solid 72M connection.
Later, the machine would not regognise a freshly installed USB Wifi adapter,
and it disabled the interface software.

     I've set this machine aside and have taken up on the second one.  When I
went to install the Dell drivers, I discovered where that damned yandex.ru came
from:  It's an opt-out function on the driver installation CD.  I made certain
that I opted out of that, then installed the drivers, checked the HD and
registry for any mention of yandex, and finally installed Win7 SP1.

     Lo and behold!  A familiar dysfunction of Win7 appeared, where it does not
recognise the wireless mouse if it's plugged into USB port #1.  There's hope
for this project after all.  Next steps will be to install the antivirus and
then malware, but that won't happen until Tuesday as I have better things to do.

     In the meantime, I'm perfectly comfortable and happy with my trustworthy
and reliable WinXP laptop while watching "Runaway Train".

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson