Re: [OM] OT] MS W10

Subject: Re: [OM] OT] MS W10
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 14:32:55 -0600
On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 2:23 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 3/9/2017 4:53 AM, brian gray via olympus wrote:
>
>> HI
>> In considering the merits, or otherwise, of W10 it is worth noting that a
>> major update (to version 1703?) is apparently due in April. Someone who has
>> tried a beta version says that it has cured a bug in the treatment of HTML
>> by Edge which has caused me problems.
>>

> Note that Edge is not required. As far as this user of Firefox on W10 (on
> my laptop) is concerned, Edge problems, bugs and cures are not a part of ".
> . .the merits, or otherwise, of W10 . . ."

We have a number of machines now with Edge in our department and hardly
anyone uses it because almost every University site won't run on it. Most
web apps won't run on it. I only use it for clocking in and out since
that's one of the few that actually does. I use either Chrome or Firefox
for everything else, except our Sharepoint page which requires IE.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Anchor, Amateur Radio Newsline