Re: [OM] move over Scotland

Subject: Re: [OM] move over Scotland
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 22:18:14 -0800
On 3/6/2017 10:11 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
Both.

Legal angle: “whisky” is a protected geographical indication, reserved for Scotland. But such GIs
are generally not recognized in the US, so an American producer can call his whiskey “whisky”, but
will not be able to sell it in the EU or in many other countries with which the EU has agreements to recognize
each other’s GIs.

Thanks! Now I know more than I did, not that I can see any significant
advantage to it.

To Quote Rick, "I am a temple of obscure and unneeded tidbits. Won't dignify it by
saying knowledge."

Head Crammed Moose