Re: [OM] Pentax ME Super

Subject: Re: [OM] Pentax ME Super
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 16:32:34 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I've had pretty good fortune with used cameras, bicycles, machinery, etc.
As long as it's good quality and repairable, it's worth fixing.  My Logan screw
lathe cost me $75 and may have been manufactured in the 1940s.  It arrived here
partially disassembled by someone who was totally clueless.  Had to replace a
few broken parts as someone tried to engage the quick change while it was
running.  Took me three months to get it cleaned up and working, and it gets
fairly regular use.  Took four of us to lift it up onto the legs and chip pan.
A new one of similar quality could cost $3,000.

     I have only bought two computers new.  One was an Atari 800, which I still
have and probably still works.  My first laptop, an HP something or other, cost
me $800 and broke after just 3 years of use.   The cordless HP mouse broke soon
afterwards.  These used laptopss have cost me $50 or less, haven't missed a
beat, and have lasted longer than that HP.