Re: [OM] Winter finally came to Sunny Southern Maryland (sorta)

Subject: Re: [OM] Winter finally came to Sunny Southern Maryland (sorta)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 20:56:14 -0800
<<<That last shot is beautiful, from this distance!

Thanks much, Jim.  I now agree that it is easier to take from a distance.  I
used to ski more, and did not mind, but now the winter gets old very quickly.

Retirement admits alternative solutions.

One of Carol's closest friends grew up in Brunswick, ME. After retirement, her parents moved out here, to be close to their grandkids and escape Maine winters. After the traumatic death of her mother, her father, Jef, found he missed Maine, his other kids, friends, etc., and moved back to Maine. He has now found the bi-coastal solution. He just arrived for a 2-3 month stay out here, and spends the rest of the year in Brunswick.

After a brief visit and dinner together after he had moved back, but not settled yet, Jef has become not just a friend's father, but our friend, as well. We stop in and visit with him on our Fall trips.

There is a solution for some to those bitter winters. :-)

Although we are having a very wet winter (finally!), our flowering current, a native shrub, is cheerily blooming and the magnolia across the street is, too. The darn fuchsia, which I was going to cut way back, has never stopped.

Spring Moose