[OM] IMG: Macro Images

Subject: [OM] IMG: Macro Images
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 15:28:01 -0600
After a comment yesterday that my Friday Plant image contained some possible macro subjects, I placed the Leica Elmarit-R 60 Macro lens, complete with its extender, on the Fuji X-E1. Using this rig hand-held can be a real challenge, and the wind made my intended leaf patterns impossible to photograph. I did get a macro image of the Nandina berries that I liked. Please ignore the lens focal length and aperture data in the EXIF data. I forgot to reset the camera.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170129-DSCF6488.JPG.html

Just to prove I could get a macro image, I placed the rig on a tripod, with a cable release, and looked around for a suitable subject. This mint from a local drive-in seemed to be appropriate. This is a full frame image of the mint, by kitchen lighting. I thought it looked pretty good.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170129-DSCF6489.JPG.html

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA