Re: [OM] Suggestions to improve image display on Sony Bravia????

Subject: Re: [OM] Suggestions to improve image display on Sony Bravia????
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 03:08:53 -0800
Multiple Input Maestro Moose writes:

<<<Or you could adjust for stills, record the settings, reset for normal use and
<<<set up manually for those special occasions.

Thank you for thinking about this.  The Bravia has 4 HDMI inputs and the picture settings
tuned for video/"pictures" independently.  I have no clue what the Bravia
thinks it is getting from the Roku  stick  plugged into the Oppo universal player.

Why not plug your Roku directly into the TV?

I should  configure one HDMI fully for  still image viewing purposes but how
best to do so?  My PC screen calibrator will not work with it.  I see AVS forum
has a disk it sells..

   One of the default setting was acceptable for video but none are for jpegs.

Does it need "real" calibration? If just for viewing visitors' phone images, wouldn't just tuning it by eye on a handful of good images, including people, do?

I hope Carol is making steady progress.

She is indeed. In fact, she's very cheerful and happy. Nothing like moving from invalid into greater and greater ''validity', capability and independence to give an emotional high. Her primary PT person keeps telling her how far ahead of normal her progress is. Her foot now looks like a normal foot and strength and range of motion are increasing. She's a very good patient, doing her exercises faithfully and fully, and it really shows. She's a bit dangerous, flying through the house on her knee scooter. :-)

Wednesday we visit her surgeon and get x-rays. She should get the go ahead to start putting more weight on it. She's already walking every day with a walker, putting ~1/4 weight on the leg as part of her exercise program. If the x-rays are good, I think this may be our last scheduled follow-up appt., at least for some time.

Marnie and I were thinking about her again yesterday.

Lovely! I'll let her know.

Traffic Danger Moose