Re: [OM] Completely OT: Pivot Tables

Subject: Re: [OM] Completely OT: Pivot Tables
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 17:27:31 -0000
It's a long time since I did real work with spreadsheets, Chris, though I still
remember the monster I developed for a certain classified phone directory
publisher in 1982. Annual ad sales budgets for every directory in the country -
they were utterly delighted with the transformation of the box in the corner
into a real tool they could use. Only problem was that the model was too big
for an Apple II, running VisiCalc, expanded to 96K memory =:-) Solution was to
extract all the directory titles to a separate file, run the formulae, save the
file, convert all calculated cells to 'results' (overwriting the formulae,
saving memory), reimport the titles, print and be done. Fortunately, although
the spreadsheet was oversize for the memory, it would fits onto a diskette
(143KB floppy). Phew.

Word clouds offline? I know there is a plugin for InDesign which I previewed a
while ago, though at the time I didn't have a compatible version of InDesign -
CS2 if I remember well, which must have been courtesy of Adobe's generosity
with the keys for that version. Now I am up to date, so if I can facilitate
anything...

Piers