Re: [OM] IMG: Painting

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Painting
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 18:36:15 -0600
> It's an improvement for those without the skills, or patience. But I find
> that do it myself, which really doesn't take any time to speak of, maybe a
> minute or two, is still superior.

As a 95% rule tool, I think it does a good job and is NOT a crutch to
save an image, but I treat it more as an output refinement tool. As to
time? I can adjust an entire set of images in mere seconds.

The difference is whether your editing is single-image perfecting,
vs., multiple-image preparation. Photoshop is better for the prior,
Lightroom is better for the later. Honestly, I think I use Photoshop
on less than 1% of the images I edit now. Nearly everything that I was
using Photoshop for is now built-in in Lightroom and is copy/paste to
any other image with full override and adjustment.

That said, there are a few instances which will send me to Photoshop.
If the raw conversion is particularity sensitive or I'm struggling
with a panomerge, then I fire up Photoshop. Oh, and if I need to
remove 50 pounds from Bridzilla...

AG