Re: [OM] IMG: Painting

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Painting
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 16:23:22 -0800
On 1/5/2017 3:57 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
Nice painting and nice capture/edit.

One thing that Lightroom does VERY well is allow you to get in the
neighborhood quickly and easily and try different things that you
would never have expected. I rarely just nudge a control, I sling it
from side to side, bouncing off the stops as hard as I can throw it.
Only then do I allow it to return to some sense of decency. If you
aren't snapping the handles off the controls, you aren't pushing them
hard enough.

The one tool, recently added to Lightroom, that I have found to really
be as close to the "magic bullet" I've seen is the "Dehaze" tool. It
doesn't take much, but it is like the results of spending a few hours
waxing your car.

It's an improvement for those without the skills, or patience. But I find that do it myself, which really doesn't take any time to speak of, maybe a minute or two, is still superior. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/DeHaze/TG_Dehaze.htm>

Look particularly at the far/top part, where Dehaze has left it washed out -
and I didn't. :-)

Not Hazy Moose