Re: [OM] News Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] News Flash
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 15:57:09 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<<How about the kit-flash of the e-m5 mk ii and pen-f? <

Thanks,  Frank.  I had looked into that one over 6mos ago but totally had
forgotten that little guy swivels.  It is much more versatile than the included
Panny flash.
It is under powered to bounce but with the ISO up a bit might be OK.  The Oly
flashes often work on most Panny bodies, but as I recall a bit of surgery  is
required to make it stable on the GM-5.
I think it still may be mountable for a try---Dr No Flash has a couple  copies
I bet, and has the GM-5, but it might be a bit much to ask him for a quick
opinion given his name.

Appreciate the suggestion.

Mike

PS---found the post with the "lip issue"
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/55399542

I vaguely recall some could get it to mount but would pop off w/o the
modification.   Perhaps some masking tape and try on a rugged surface.