Re: [OM] OT: A Weird Morning with Paypal

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: A Weird Morning with Paypal
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 12:36:33 -0800
On 12/27/2016 9:20 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
      I solved this one.

Solved what you created, one might suggest.

After many frustrating hours, I pulled a "Hail Mary" and updated my Firefox browser, even though I had done so about six weeks ago. Lo and behold! It now works.

What's weird isn't PayPal and Firefox. What's weird is someone who ignores the notices to update their browser software. What's weird is considering normal behavior a "Hail Mary".

Yes, I know, you resist. And I sympathize with your reasons.

And yet, you can resist the sun going down every day, but it's going to happen anyway. Big, active operations on the web are in constant interaction with bugs, malware, DoS attacks, compatibility with other big dogs, etc.

So, how many hours did you waste? How much wear and tear did you put on your
body by being all het up?

Was it worth it?

If not, just do the upgrades.

Seems that some time between the first week of this month and now

Cyber weeks are like dog years. :-)

, the cyber toddlers at Paypal decided it would be a lot of fun to reconfigure their webpages so that they would no longer work with anything other than version 47.0.2. Nice.

Better perhaps than those who don't upgrade to the latest browsers, and then
don't work for most of us?

Too bad we can't turn upgrading software into a profession. I could make a
substantial living doing that.

Clicking "Yes"?

Up to Date on Some Things Moose