Re: [OM] OM (OT) The best Christmas gift ever!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM (OT) The best Christmas gift ever!
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 10:22:42 -0600
Oh, it's not my first Chicago winter. Remember, I was born here, and lived
here until 4th grade and then ever since 1980. Valparaiso is just South of
Lake Michigan, so we tend to get the "lake effect" snow that results from
those cold North winds blowing across the water, so it's often the case
that we get a bunch more snow than the city does.

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks Paul. Be careful of those lakeshore winds, and freezing waves across
> the Outer Drive) as you 'enjoy' your first Chicago winter.
>
> Thanks Ken... as soon as the holiday turmoil settles down. (Been 'gonna
> doit' for months.)
>
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 10:45 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > >    PS - On-topic: I just put my 50/1.4 Zuiko on the E-1... Happy
> holidays
> > >    all!
> >
> > Rick, if you can live without the E-1 for one week, pop it in the mail
> > to me and I'll get the firmware updated. Seriously, it is a MAJOR
> > improvement to the camera. No cost other than the shipping it one way
> > to me. I'll cover the return.
> >
> > AG
> > --
> >

> --
>
> As much as I hate to "crow", I'm delighted to tell you that my 5-star
> reviewed hardcover book for kids, ages 4-to-8,
> *The Little Crow Who Could Not CAW
> <http://www.amazon.com/Little-Crow-Who-Could-Not-ebook/dp/
> B01B2028SS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455042958&sr=8-1&keywords=rick+beckrich
> >,*
> is
> finally available as an interactive Kindle e-book from Amazon.com.
>
>     (P.S. - The Kindle reader is a free app from Amazon that works on PC,
> laptops, and most hand-held devices.)
> --

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Anchor, Amateur Radio Newsline