Re: [OM] Clock Apps and Legacy Devices

Subject: Re: [OM] Clock Apps and Legacy Devices
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 13:24:25 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Darn!  I had a piece of software called aqggieclock that you might have
liked.  It was a digital clock where a hand wrote the numbers on the screen.
Next time I use the Win95 machine I'll have to look for it there.

     I appreciate your frustration with digital clocks.  I have to look at the
numbers and then imaging the face of an analogue clock.  It took a while to to
that instantly.

>I had this brilliant idea to repurpose an old Android tablet into a
>clock. There are several pretty nice apps out there that give me a
>decent analog clock. I like analog clocks because you can just glance
>at them and know what you need to know, whereas with a digital clock,
>you have to read the clock.
>
>So, down the rabbit hole I went. Deep. Really deep.
>
>The problem is that I have to figure out mounting, as well keeping it
>awake and all that. Also, as it was a dirt-cheep Android knockoff
>device, I have to find acceptable apps through the dreaded GETJAR
>instead of the Play store. It's one thing after another.
>
>So, in frustration, I turn around to get my eyes off of my desk for a
>minute and stare at the wall behind me...
>
>...the wall containing an analog clock.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson