Re: [OM] Silent Majority For Trump

Subject: Re: [OM] Silent Majority For Trump
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 17:44:06 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>> ...Trump¹s supporters as ignorant racist nazis, which most of them
>>are not. They¹re just tired of being fucked.
>
>Maybe not the latter but I'm afraid that I must categorize them as
>ignorant (in the dictionary meaning, not as an epithet) if they think
>that Trump isn't going to fuck them with a capital "F". What is it with
>right-wingers and facts?

     It's typical of white trash Americans who routinely react to myths and
fantasies.  Joseph McCarthy made good use of that.  Eisenhower failed to
exercise his leadership to bring him under control out of fear of conservative
politicians who have a disproportionate amount of covert power.

     Growing up in the Army put me into a conservative mindset, which ended
suddenly after the Kent State massacre.  I realised then that conservative
American politics viewed the constitutional rights of American citizens as
being inconvenient.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson