Re: [OM] Handmade Trump Sign on US-30

Subject: Re: [OM] Handmade Trump Sign on US-30
From: David Thatcher <plusphoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 01:57:37 +1030
On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 06:23:22PM -0700, Chris Trask wrote:

>      I for one will certainly be glad when this election is over.
> I've never seen one that was so thoroughly stripped of all civility such
> as this.

It's interesting that in my 'voting lifetime' I have seen Australia's
primary mode of election campaigning move from 'Hey, look how good WE
are', to 'Wow, look how ratsh*t THEY are'...

This can backfire... prior to Australia's 2007 election, our (then)
conservative government's puppet media rubbished the 'Leader of the
Opposition' (Kevin Rudd) for going to the Scores strip club whilst on a
diplomatic visit to New York in 2003. When questioned, he indicated that
he didn't remember what happened as he had 'had too much to drink', but
there were some suggestions in the media of inappropriate behaviour. I
think he immediately picked up five points in the opinion polls as many
Aussies went "'Onya, Kev!!!!" It goes without saying that he was elected
Prime Minister at the next election.

Similar feats of prowess, such as being able to down a yard of ale in
record time, are probably as good a measure of ability to govern a
country as any :)

It will be interesting to see what the US voting public think of similar
allegations of inappropriate behaviours that have been made recently. :)

davidt