Re: [OM] Silent Majority For Trump

Subject: Re: [OM] Silent Majority For Trump
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 00:04:47 -0500
> We traveled all the way across Ohio on the way to Michigan and saw one
> Hillary sign.  Almost every house had a Trump sign in front.  Lots of farms
> with no weeds.  Round-up.  Just saying.

Here in Iowa, which is a typical battleground state, signs usually
sprout up like bushes. (Remember the Reagan Bushes?). But not this
year. VERY unusual. There has been a bit of discussion about it and I
talked with our party officials here. Two primary reasons. The first
primary reason is social media. Facebook and Twitter have largely
replaced the front yard for political expression. The other reason is
the toxic political climate this year. Both presidential candidates
are so hated that it's better to lay low then to outwardly express
your affiliation or support for any candidate--even the down-ballot
ones. The level of shaming going on is unreal. "You support _______?
Are you kidding me?"

I'm sure, over in the People's Republic of Iowa City, Joel is seeing
some signage.

Oh, and Round-up is king chemical here.

AG Schnozz