Re: [OM] Adapter on A7

Subject: Re: [OM] Adapter on A7
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 19:48:56 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
BB writes:

<<<< I was thinking there was an adapter for the Zuikos.

Yes, you have no neuronal trouble at all.  I had stacked my  OM lenses on a OM
to EOS on His Mooseness's EF to Sonny  Nex FE mount.  There are direct adapters
as well of course.  Stacking adapters can potentially impair optimal
performance even more.

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/09/there-is-no-free-lunch-episode-763-lens-adapters

There is a nifty Techart Pro Leica M to Nex AUTO FOCUS adapter that can AF OM
lenses with a  OM to Leica M  adapter in front.   Must pre-focus longer FL with
substantial helicoid movement required and should focus manually first to get
close with any lens with floating elements.

The sensor stack is really not quite right though unless one gets the Kolari
mod--slight loss of performance with native lenses, but not very much.  One
optics guru on FM with a optical calculator figured to use a PCX lens
(plano-convex--readily available) in FRONT to counteract this effect---of note
most prominent with WA RF lenses but WA Zuikos wider than 35mm or so will show
some corner effects.  One can even mount some CU lenses reversed with good
results!

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8409/29753274794_951b128534_z_d.jpg

No free lunch though, as may not quite get to infinity focus unless one has a
slightly short adapter---that may degrade performance with lenses with floating
elements.  The guy can figure out the correct PCX lens "front filter"  for
almost ANY lens--very cool outside the box  thinking anyways.

Mike