Re: [OM] Credit Card Fraud

Subject: Re: [OM] Credit Card Fraud
From: David Thatcher <plusphoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2016 14:35:21 +1030
On Sat, Oct 08, 2016 at 03:26:48PM +0200, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> So retailers in Australia like to be involved with fraud?
>
> > On 08 Oct 2016, at 15:16, David Thatcher <plusphoto@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I guess this is why many retailers down under will either just not take
> > AmEx, or add a hefty (10+%) surcharge.

Hi Nathan,

I can't see how you inferred that from what I posted :)

Cards like AmEx are either not accepted or heavily surcharged due to the
extremely high cost to retailers (for funding the perks :) ).

It does, however, seem to be becoming 'the done thing' in the
small-margin box-mover/warehouse type retailer to add a small payment
surcharge (1-3%) for payment options that incur a cost (e.g. Visa/MC or
paypal), as I found when I last 'refreshed' my desktop systems.

davidt