Re: [OM] Hurricane Matthew

Subject: Re: [OM] Hurricane Matthew
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2016 16:01:56 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Hurricane Matthew continues to be a forecasting nightmare, no surprise
given the number of complexities that are in play.  The prevailing east-west
high pressure ridge has made the track forecast over the Caribbean challenging,
and the low-pressure system approaching from the west and the fluctuating
Bermuda High to the east are making accurate track forecasting north of Cuba
equally so.  We'll just have to wait until Wednesday at the earliest for any
definite consensus.

>     I was a bit surprised this morning to see that the forecast for
>Hurricane Matthew stated that it would strengthen to category 3 on Sunday.
>I'm even more surprised to see that it has already strengthened to category
>4.  The storm will pass over the east end of Jamaica early Monday, just
>east of Kingston.  It will pass over Santiago, Cuba (and Guantanamo Bay)
>late Monday.

     <<SNIP>>

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson