[OM] IMG: Seasonal Food Adulteration

Subject: [OM] IMG: Seasonal Food Adulteration
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2016 10:10:59 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Okay.  I do like pumpkin pie, provided it's not overly sweetened and
spiced.  I also like pumpkin-chocolate muffins any time of year.  But, the
holiday season is seriously over-burdened with pumpkin flavouring in foods.
Last year it was pumpkin-flavoured cheerios at Trader Joe's.

     That was then.

     This is now:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/29774373230/in/dateposted-public/

     That's right: Pumpkin-flavoured bratwurst.  I like bratwurst.  There is a
Ted's Hot Dogs franchise a short walk from home that I like to visit
occasionally.  A bratwurst on a sourdough roll with sauerkraut and a
boysenberry soda is a real treat.

     Adding pumpkin flavouring to bratwurst is revolting.  It should be seen as
food tampering and outlawed.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson