Re: [OM] OT: Possible Bad Weather

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Possible Bad Weather
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 14:28:31 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     It's now Tropical Storm Matthew:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/204348.shtml?5day#contents

     The 5-day track is consistent with the GFS forecast of yesterday.  It is
forecast to reach hurricane strength tomorrow.  That's pretty quick, going from
a disturbance to a depression to a tropical storm to a hurricane in two days.
It will reach category 2 on Sunday before crossing eastern Cuba.

     GFS shows it being in the NYC area next Friday.

>  Thanks for the update, Chris. I'm keeping a close eye on this one. Hoping
>for just a brush along the coast.
>
>Charlie
>
>On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 9:02 PM, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>wrote:
>
>>      I'm watching a growing tropical cyclone that is soon to pass over the
>> Windward Islands.  Long term GFS forecasts show this storm passing over
>> Haiti and far eastern Cuba on Sunday, then over the Bahamas on Monday and
>> Tuesday.  It will reach Cape Hatteras on Friday.
>>
>>      Now comes the fun part.  A moderate teardrop low will develop over
>> the Midweat on Thursday.  It will meet the tropical storm late Friday, and
>> the two will merge.
>>
>>      Now for more fun.  An area of high pressure will develop over Nova
>> Scotia and New Foundland on Friday, which will push the combined storm
>> systems westward.  This is similar to TS Sandy.
>>
>>      The storm will pass over New York City on Saturday, then move
>> northward to Ontario.  The moisture profile is troublesome.
>>
>>      This is a bit of a stretch, but it deserves watching.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson