Re: [OM] Speaking of SilkyPIX

Subject: Re: [OM] Speaking of SilkyPIX
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 13:28:27 -0700
On 9/28/2016 9:43 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
Thanks for that information, Ken.  I find the Capture One working environment far
superior to that of SilkyPix; it has its shortcomings, such as limited metadata input
at the import state, but I feel more comfortable using C1 than LR (and than Aperture,
now it’s so old).

So, even at that “deal” price, I won’t be trying SilkyPix again.
Yes, but you are talking about Capture One. I wouldn't mess with a
Nissen GTR either if I was driving a McLaren.

I don't always keep up with your enthusiasms. Are you saying that PhaseOne, @ $299, is a great deal better than SilkyPix Pro7, @ $180?

If so, considering the time one spends out of life messing with Raw
conversions, might not the $120 be a bargain?

The field keeps getting broader, with Alien Skin Exposure and now OnOne Raw
about to be released.

Perhaps you could rank those you know reasonably well, for us naifs.

Like Chris, I find the SilkyPix UI baffling.

Developing Moose