Re: [OM] Look here Brian...

Subject: Re: [OM] Look here Brian...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 19:05:57 -0700
On 9/26/2016 4:10 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
No, I don't accept that. Pixel pitch of the E-M5 and 6D are about the same. Also remember that Ken said the image was heavily cropped. As Moose has said, you can't shoot the E-M5 at f/22 and then be surprised that there's not much detail or sharpness to the image.

In fact, since the 6D has about the same pixel pitch you can't shoot it at f/22 and expect razor sharp results either.

Weeelll, correct, but easy to misunderstand. The 6D is FF, so for the same display size, magnification is less and one may stop down further for the same visually apparent loss to diffraction. I'm sure you can run your calculator on it, if you wish. My experience says 1.5 to 2 stops.

Ken was shooting at f/4-f/5.6. Brian should probably stay at f/9 or less for
sharp images.

Yup, although without deconvolution "sharpening", f5.6 is safer for maximum
resolution.

Firmly Resolved Moose