Re: [OM] OT: Dubai 777 Crash

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Dubai 777 Crash
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 15:50:40 +0100
Glad to have the calm and considered professional confirmation of the
bl***ing obvious! And don't try to tell me it was a noise abatement
procedure!

If I understand correctly, even if we assume that TOGA _was_ selected, the
fact that the landing gear had already touched down would inhibit TOGA,
hence the unorthodox application of full power 15 seconds later.

I can understand that it would be a Good Thing to help the crew not to apply
take-off power while taxying to the jetway. But that "help" comes at a
price, it seems.

Piers