Re: [OM] For the Concorde Enthusiasts on the List

Subject: Re: [OM] For the Concorde Enthusiasts on the List
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 12:36:51 -0500
Ah, the starship. I will never forget its distinctive sound of it flying over my house during far too infrequent production test flights.

There may have bee nasal problems that could have been solved with minor surgery, but the thing that killed its efficiency and sales prospects was the FAA. The starship was pioneering, and the certification process was educational for the FAA, who had no experience with an all composite structure. The certification required many years of project killing time and pound after pound of excess weight.

Almost all were bought back by Beech, and disposed of, but one owner, in So. California I think, who so loved his that he not only kept his, but also bought several of the incomplete airframes for spares.

-----Original Message----- From: Chris Trask