Re: [OM] Six more photos added including a couple of macros

Subject: Re: [OM] Six more photos added including a couple of macros
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 09:49:39 +1200

To continue from comments from Moose (below) in fact, one of the
reasons I got off my butt to take these f/11 - f/22 photos with these
lenses was to see how well their images compared with those I remembered
of recently posted focus-stacked images.
To my mind, there is no
contest. The focus-stacked images, to my eyes, have weird aberrations; I
don't know quite how to describe them; but the edges of parts of the
resultant images seem to be slightly jagged and upset my eyes. The
images from my elder lenses have nothing of the sort, and (as Moose
wrote) the f/22 shot from the Sigma lens doesn't show perceptible
deterioration due to being stopped right down, while possessing
significant DOF which is what I wished to test for. The margins of the
stamens etc are delightfully smooth and concise.
In consequence, I'm not
envious of the ability to produce focus-stacked images.

Oh; and was it
Mark Kronquist who asked for a manual 50/2 macro? After what seems like
decades waiting for one to show up at a price I could fool myself that I
could afford, I now have one. It's not currently for sale !!

My
purchase history for the Sigma 90/2.8 is interesting. I located it on
eBay from a seller in Berlin, Germany. He was willing to sell it to me
but would not ship outside the EU !! This was before December 2004 as I
used it for this shot
http://www.tope.nl/tope_show_entry.php?event=21&pic=18
Fortunately, at
that time, my daughter was in The Netherlands, living with and taking
care of her grandmother. So I had him post it to her and she forwarded
it to me :-) Sweet !
Brian.
 On 9/12/2016 3:24 AM,
bj@xxxxxxxxxxxx.nzwrote:

> Macros made using ancient manual (film)
lenses.

Not as ancient as the old brass jobs Jim and Wayne are using.
:-) Not even close to as ancient as some I've been trying
out lately.
Just picked up another way off brand, T-Mount pre-set lens.

> The
remainder using the normal micro 4/3 14- (whatever)

Whatever = 12-50.