Re: [OM] OT: TS Hermine

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: TS Hermine
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 14:53:19 -0400
We have now had .43 inches of rain.  It's not raining here right now.  Hope
for more later!!  We haven't had enough to make a difference in the drought
yet. My daughter in Columbia has no power and a flooded basement.  My son
in Charleston has a tornado watch and many businesses are closed.

Tina

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chuck, I just pulled up the Columbia SC Radar.  Columbia seems to be the
> center of rotation.  Tina should be getting some rain very shortly.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
>
> On 9/2/2016 1:33 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>
>> If you blow this UKMET storm tracker map to max (+ the slider at upper
>> left) I live about in the middle of the purple dash that's between the
>> purple circle in South Carolina and the North Carolina border... but only
>> about 4 miles from the coast.
>>
>> The rain storm is turning into a thunderstorm now.  Lots of heavy
>> rumbling going on. (pause)  It's about 15 minutes later now.  The thunder
>> and wind have subsided enough for me to go check and empty the rain guage
>> again.  So far (2:25pm) we've had 10.3" of rain (as measured at my house)
>> and are under a flash flood watch.  The stream that runs beside my house
>> has overflowed its normal banks and is running across part of my lawn.
>> (nothing to worry about) The pond has overflowed its relief channel and is
>> flowing into the stream. (pause) Everything just got real quiet.  I can see
>> by the radar we're in the middle of a lull. More heavy stuff is coming.
>>
>> Chuck Norcutt
>>

>> On 9/2/2016 1:03 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
>>
>>>      UKMET Storm Tracker is showing a similar forecast:
>>>
>>> http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/storm-tracker/#?
>>> tab=map&stormId=09L&stormName=HERMINE

> --

Tina Manley