Re: [OM] OT: TS Hermine

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: TS Hermine
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 13:45:57 -0500
Chuck, I just pulled up the Columbia SC Radar. Columbia seems to be the center of rotation. Tina should be getting some rain very shortly.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 9/2/2016 1:33 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
If you blow this UKMET storm tracker map to max (+ the slider at upper left) I live about in the middle of the purple dash that's between the purple circle in South Carolina and the North Carolina border... but only about 4 miles from the coast.

The rain storm is turning into a thunderstorm now. Lots of heavy rumbling going on. (pause) It's about 15 minutes later now. The thunder and wind have subsided enough for me to go check and empty the rain guage again. So far (2:25pm) we've had 10.3" of rain (as measured at my house) and are under a flash flood watch. The stream that runs beside my house has overflowed its normal banks and is running across part of my lawn. (nothing to worry about) The pond has overflowed its relief channel and is flowing into the stream. (pause) Everything just got real quiet. I can see by the radar we're in the middle of a lull. More heavy stuff is coming.

Chuck Norcutt