Re: [OM] OT: Tropical Storm Hermine

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Tropical Storm Hermine
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 19:15:25 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I've only had a half inch of rain this monsoon season, and there's less
than four weeks remaining.  Another tropical cyclone is forming in the eastern
Pacific, but the forecasts show that it will be abruptly turned westward,
leaving us with no relief.

     A band of high pressure from Taiwan to Baja to Florida to Gibraltar is
responsible for this.

     As odd as it may seem, I'm envious of your upcoming rain.

>I dream about rain and wake up in the middle of the night thinking it's
>raining, but it's only the air-conditioner!
>
>Come on rain!
>

>> Looks like you're going to get 4-6" and I'm going to get 6-10".
>> <http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/212352.
>> shtml?rainqpf#contents>    We'll see.  The forecast has been moving
>> further inland with each iteration.  We'll see what actually happens on
>> Friday and Saturday.  In any case I haven't seen a wind forecast scary
>> enough to get me to spend the 5 hours necessary to put up all the hurricane
>> panels.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson