[OM] F280 question

Subject: [OM] F280 question
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 19:24:24 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Yes, on topic.  ;-)

The flash has always been a bit of a mystery.  As best I can tell and confirmed
by  Tim, in Super FP mode the output seems fixed.  So why are the GN's
different
for the OM -77AF and a 4T??????????

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/olympusom1n2/shared/flash/f280.htm

http://olympus.dementix.org/esif/om-sif/flashphotogroup/f280.htm

The write ups imply that the flash is metered--perhaps if it strobes fast
enough it should be.  A Flash  bulb should be "meterable" too,  but John H
never recommended using anything but manual mode for flashbulbs.
If one wishes to use a given aperture, seems one has to use distance alone to
modulate ambient/fill flash ratio with the F280.  The shutter speed might
change a tad due to the flash and thus the GN but the effect should be minimal,
I would think, unless quite close.
I have not read many compliments  from list members  about the 77AF body--no
manual mode to start.  I wonder how it compares to the little LED gizmos in
terms of GN for use in fill.  I do like the faster synch speed of the 77AF.

My recent flutterby chasing with OM gear got me a thinkin' and a ponderin'
about it again.

Mike