[OM] Painless gear reduction

Subject: [OM] Painless gear reduction
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 21:56:16 -0700
So here's why one should treat gear with care.

Last night, I packed up six bodies, two compact cameras and 9 lenses.Today, I went half an hour to Hayward and presented my cache to John, the KEH buyer.

I walked out with a check for $1,954.

I got more than I had calculated from their site, as a few items were rated EX+ and at least one as LN-, higher than the EX I had assumed as an average. I think this may be addictive.

The big move was selling off all my Canon gear but the 5D body. I still want a FF body for artsy play with LensBabies, pinhole, zone plate, SIMA soft focus, another project for which I bought a couple of Industar 50/3.5 lenses from Albania, and so on. I'd like an A7, but they are still a hot item, going for 4 - 5 times what the 5D can be sold for.

Don't be concerned about a shortage of gear, chez Moose. At least until a
couple more rounds pass. ;-)

Mad Money Moose