Re: [OM] Seek The Truth

Subject: Re: [OM] Seek The Truth
From: "Goss,Steve" <SGOSS@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 13:52:49 +0000
Hi, Y'all-
Why don't railroads rent out the sides of their cars for advertising? Because
of an anti-trust ruling.

According to Wikipedia:
1934: The Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC) regulation #201 came into effect
banning billboard advertisements on freight cars.

The issue was that the car might be carrying something other than what was
advertised. Or it could be carrying the same kind of product, but from a
different company.

Thanks,
Steve Goss | MDI System Engineer | Cerner Corporation | Mobile: (816) 885-3259
| Fax: (816) 571-8560 | sgoss@xxxxxxxxxx | www.cerner.com
For latest news and information on DeviceWorks Solutions please visit:
https://www.ucern.com/community/cerner/solution_forums/groups/devices-community
I will be out of the office during Cerner standard holidays