Re: [OM] Seek The Truth

Subject: Re: [OM] Seek The Truth
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 08:15:27 -0500
I tend to disagree. Yes, the reporting marks are legit (the GACX and
lettering beneath it) but that REZNOR is graffitti.  I believe that taggers
usually look for cars on remote sidings where they aren't likely to be
spotted by railroad police or civilian police.  I've seen whole sides of
cars with stuff much more elaborate than that. Any more, seeing a car that
**hasn't** been tagged in some way is unusual. As a rail enthusiast, I
usually find it ugly.

What amazes me is that while many gang members can't be bothered to stay in
school and learn, they go out of their way to learn a whole new language
and alphabet for the gang...

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 5:06 AM, John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That is definitely not graffiti !
>
> See the railcar's four letter registration ................GACX. That is
> the call sign for General American Marks Company of Chicago. That outfit
> leases railcars. locos etc.
>
> REZNOR is an advertising pitch for the REZNOR Company ........... it makes
> heating and ventilation equipment.
>
> What you see on the railcar is a moving billboard !
>
> jh
>
> On 8/12/2016 6:03 AM, Christopher Crawford wrote:
>
>> Speaking of not getting caught doing graffiti; have you ever wondered how
>> the people who cover the entire side of a railroad car with a single large
>> tag or picture manage to do that without being caught? It has to take a
>> long time to do that, and would require a lot of paint, ladders, maybe
>> even a crew of helpers. How the Hell does someone do that without being
>> seen?
>>
>> Here¹s an example I saw last year:
>>
>> http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=2153
>>

>> I¹ve seen many others, some bigger and more elaborate!
>>
>> --

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Anchor, Amateur Radio Newsline
www.ARnewsline.org <http://www.arnewsline.org>