[OM] IMG: Le Mans

Subject: [OM] IMG: Le Mans
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 07:19:51 +0200
The final installment of my pictures from France is a stroll around Le Mans,
spread over the two days 16-17 July. Le Mans is world famous for its 24 hours
race, but the city has much to offer the visitor. For us the importance of the
visit was tied to our family reunion, but Le Mans is a nice place in its own
right. Also, as I learned recently, it was in Le Mans that the Wright brothers
attained their first commercial success, following a rather cool reception of
their flying machine by the US government. That story is told very well in
David McCullough’s book “The Wright Brothers”.

The image are here. As usual, I try to focus on interesting details and places
rather than grand vistas:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/lemans2016/

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman