Re: [OM] OT: Firefox Mystery

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Firefox Mystery
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 17:32:15 -0400
Frankly, I don't see much difference in the before and after scenarios.

Previously, you would make a copy of the bookmarks.html file... and then do what with it you don't say.

In the current method you must first get a copy of the bookmarks.html file by exporting it (because the data is probably buried somewhere in C:\Users\Chris\AppData**\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\(etc, etc)

** note that AppData is considered a hidden system folder. Go to: Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View Tab and enable "Show hidden files, folders and drives"

But so what. I have thousands of bookmarks and I just exported mine in a few seconds. It went so fast I thought maybe it hadn't run but it did. So now you've got the html file and you're back to square one of your previous procedure. Then you complain about having to import the bookmarks and edit out those you don't want/need. So, how is that different than what you'd have had to do before??? I don't think it is. Furthermore, editing the bookmarks is much easier within Firefox than it is trying to edit the html file itself.

Good luck

Chuck Norcutt