Re: [OM] IMG: Trucks Rule !

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Trucks Rule !
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 17:03:35 -0700
On 7/30/2016 9:11 AM, ChrisB wrote:
Well this is my “truck” with its “trailer”.  The car (a 4x4, but with not much ground
clearance) has about 14,000 miles on it, although it’s nearly 3 years old; I bought it about 6 weeks ago.
The caravan has less than 500 miles on it, bought at about the same time.  We are using the pair of vehicles to
spend more time relaxing in the countryside.  This is a field in Northamptonshire, near the Grand Union canal, at
a village called Stoke Bruerne.

<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=20472>

<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=20475>

How interesting. Looks a right lovely thingie. Much roomier than our little all-in-one. But much of it wouldn't be practical here in the US.

Must be a cultural gap. The majority, of places we stay, one parks on pavement, often just big enough for one moderate size vehicle, that is separated from the camping area by serious barriers. At the moment, I can only think of one place where we've stayed where the sunroom/tent could have been deployed on nice grass. (The weather was so beautiful that it didn't matter.) Elsewhere, it either wouldn't fit, probably the majority, or would be on, often uneven, pavement or gravel.

And a weather/bug gap? ;-) I'm trying to think when it has been rainy or cold enough, or biting beasties have been bad enough, that we would have wanted such a thing. Awfully seldom. I did buy a net tent thingie that's supposed to repel mosquitoes, too, that we would hang from the awning and tape to the body, but it has yet to be put to use.

I have never seen such a thing here. Lots of RVs and trailers with "pop-outs/slide outs/slide rooms" that enlarge interior space, but no attached tents. Sometimes, we stay in the same place for a few days,and an outdoor room could be nice. Other times, we are in one place for only a day or two at a time. The ability to just fold up a couple of chairs and a table identical to yours and head out without any fuss is an advantage, for us, I think.

The other personal thing for us is that we can park our Turtle next to the driveway, so there are no trips to store and retrieve it. We've developed checklists and have all the cooking, bedding, some clothing and other gear always in it, so we can decide to go somewhere and be on our way in an hour or two, should we be so moved.

Too bad we are separated by a continent and an ocean. could be fun to parallel
travel a bit.

Chris
(who has promised himself that he will keep the BMW for over 100,000 miles . .
.)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....... ;-)

My convertible is up to 97,000 now, after 21 years . . .

Travelin' Moose