[OM] E-M1 II [was EyeFi X2 Bricking]

Subject: [OM] E-M1 II [was EyeFi X2 Bricking]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 15:19:14 -0700
On 7/29/2016 2:36 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Ugh! I think.  The small gets larger.

No images as yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets larger. They are also to announce their 6th. Pro line lens, a 12-100/4. The Pro lenses are larger, faster, heavier than the other lines. That they are introducing new ones might indicate that they are selling well. It would then make sense that their flagship body might bulk up a bit, to balance and look more appropriate with the monster lenses.

My own love affair with small and light has been shattered by the PLeica 100-400. It's too big; it's too heavy, and yet there I am schlepping it all over the place. It does so many of the things I love/want to do photographically so very well . . .

I wonder how big/heavy the 12-100/4 will be. If it goes to 1:3, like the 12-40/2.8 and 12-50/3.5-6.3, but without needing the separate macro setting of the 12-50, will I be able to resist? 24-800 mm eq. of first rate IQ coverage and semi-macro in just two lenses? Wow! As it is, I cover the FL gap between 12-50 and 100-400 with sneaker zoom and/or cropping, but if it's a better lens too, oh my. :-)

A side aspect of the PLeica 100-400. People are occasionally saying things to me like "Boy, you must be a serious photographer!" Good? Bad? I reply "No, if I take it seriously, it's no fun."

G. A. S. Moose

Chuck Norcutt