Re: [OM] New focus stack (& sharpening tools)

Subject: Re: [OM] New focus stack (& sharpening tools)
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 22:36:30 +1000
Very impressive.

...Wayne

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus
[mailto:olympus-bounces+wayne.harridge=structuregraphs.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
] On Behalf Of Moose
Sent: Thursday, 28 July 2016 2:35 PM
To: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [OM] New focus stack (& sharpening tools)

Caution, you may well want to wear protective eyewear. Not responsible for
corneal cuts.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=20457>

I took a lot of stacks this last week. Dahlias seemed excellent subjects,
with great detail and great depth - and their parts don't move relative to
each other, unlike bugs. :-)

I've shot the Dahlia garden there before, and got some great images. All,
however, had limited DoF, which looks fine in many cases, and is what we are
used to seeing in photographs of them. Seeing the whole thing in focus seems
to me to be truer to the actual experience of looking at them.

Might I have over sharpened? Technically, I think not, as an enormous amount
of detail is visible even in the small, web image, yet there are no visible
artifacts. Artistically? I'd probably go with a little less

Bleeding Eye Moose

AG, enough sharpening for you? ;-)

Tina, one shot of the WhiBal under the bright overcast sky gave me the info
I needed to get the colors right. The color you see here is not what came
out of the camera. I made a temp PS Action to do the WB correction with one
click.