[OM] C-U lens stuff [was The Flies Have It]

Subject: [OM] C-U lens stuff [was The Flies Have It]
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 23:22:16 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Optimal Moose writes:

<<Weeelll, maybe. It was designed and sold for Pentax 67 lenses. FOV of 200 mm
on 6x7 is about eq. to 95-100 mm on FF. I supposed that FOV/film coverage of
the prime lens would make a difference in the design of a two <<element C-U
lens. That, and the era in which it was made, made me think it might act more
like a C-U lens designed for a FF lens of 100 mm or so.

Hmmm, had thought the original conjecture was the FL  of the prime lens was
more important to the CU diopter  performance than any FOV/sensor format
considerations.

Suboptimal Mike