Re: [OM] Jeepless in Seattle

Subject: Re: [OM] Jeepless in Seattle
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 08:34:46 -0500
On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 5:54 AM, ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Indeed, Ding Ding Moose :-)
>
> It refers in particular to runflat tyres which have a stiffer shoulder
> than conventional radial tyres.  But I was advised several years ago to
> over-inflate them to reduce that tendency and to even the wear across the
> tread.

Makes them more like conventional tires, then.  <G>

I had some motorcycle tires with in-line grooves and they were excellent on
most pavement until the engineers began to introduce "tramline" sorts of
grooves to the concrete pavement over bridges and so forth.  Now most
motorcycle tires have lateral, curved grooving.  Good design, though I
don't like the looks of them as much.

My uncle's Harley-Davidson, a 1947 knucklehead, had flat tires on it.  They
were great.  You could ride it over snow and ice pellets.

> I felt sure, Rick, that the colonists would have a word like that, if
> indeed it hadn’t originated Over There.

What is a "colonist"?

Joel (Happy Independence Day, Murkins) W.