Re: [OM] Peso

Subject: Re: [OM] Peso
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 18:50:13 -0400
That's true.  You own the copyright to your photo as soon as you take it;
however, if you register it with the copyright office, they want the date
when the photo was published.  Here is the explanation:

http://www.photoattorney.com/qa-what-year-should-i-use-for-my-copyright-notice/

Tina

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 6:37 PM, Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I _think_ work is copyrighted at its creation. You click the shutter, you
> got yourself a copyrighted photo. You finish a manuscript, it's
> copyrighted. Automatically. Of course it never hurts to register your
> copyright, which Uncle Sugar (in the US) will do for a small fee. I have
> many copyrighted photos that have never been printed, much less sold or
> published. Got official paperwork from my big uncle hissownself. You
> created it, you own it. (Unless it's "work for hire", then you got a whole
> 'nother kettle of fish.)
>
> --Bob
>
> Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus. This is a perfect mobile device. Any
> perceived errors in spelling, grammar, or logic are figments of your
> imagination.
>
> > On Jul 3, 2016, at 6:04 PM, Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > The copyright date should be the date when the work is first published.
> If
> > it's in a drawer somewhere for 10 years, those years don't count.
> Putting
> > it on a website is considered publishing the work.
> --

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com
tina-manley.artistwebsites.com