[OM] IMGS: Farm Stay

Subject: [OM] IMGS: Farm Stay
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 10:18:02 -0400
PESO:

I finally finished all of the photos from our farm stay between Yazd and
Shiraz:

http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Iran/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I0000ETzumJqQvnk

and hit next for 110 more photos!  You can go through the bread-making
really fast - almost a video! This was a very nice extended family.  The
patriarch has a large farm, all irrigated with many fruit trees and beef
cattle that are zero-grazed.  He and his wife have 5 grown kids and many
grandkids.  Two of the grown kids graduated from the University of Tehran
with degrees in tourism and their dream is to run a caravanserai-type hotel
for tourists on the farm.  Many people travel to this part of Iran to stay
with nomads in the desert but there aren't many actual nomads left so Hamid
and his sister Yasmin want to re-create the experience of staying with
nomads but on their farm.  It was interesting!!  All members of the family
helped with the cooking and entertaining of their only three visitors -
Hossein, Tom and me!

C&C greatly appreciated.

On to Shiraz...

Tina