[OM] IMGS: Farm Stay, Breakfast

Subject: [OM] IMGS: Farm Stay, Breakfast
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 04:59:54 +1200

Tina informed us;

 PESO:

We stayed with a farm family in
Faragheh, between Yazd and Shiraz. We
slept on the floor, sat on the
floor, ate on the floor but it was a very
nice interlude without hotels
and restaurant meals. They cooked breakfast
outside on various very
small fires and a tandoori oven. It was absolutely
delicious, everything
fresh from the farm. We kept telling ourselves that
we were taking a
vacation from our farm to stay on a farm, but that's what
we love. The
family could not have been
nicer.

http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Iran/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I00006cDwmdNjr2w
[1]

And go backwards through lots and lots of bread-making photos :-)
I love
bread-making - involves food, people, activity, beginning,
ending, eating!

Tina

Wonderful shots
Tina.
Your tour guide sure did you two proud with his insightful
finding of extra-ordinary places for you to experience,
as well as
giving you amazing opportunity to take shots which should sell well.

One aspect of this series (today only) puzzles me; and that is cooking
outside the house on very primitive equipment, portrayed as being their
normal way of cooking breakfast.
Some of the cooking was being done
right outside in the farm fields.
I could not quite believe what I was
seeing so I looked for evidence to support my disbelief.
They certainly
seem to be used to doing this, BUT for a routine activity there was very
little evidence in the form of piles of ashes etc to indicate habitual
use of that site for that activity.
So I also looked closely at the
other photos for evidence of more 'civilised' cooking apparatus.
In
some photos, camping-type gas/kerosine stoves were visible, and in one
shot one can see the lower half of what could be either a 'normal' gas
or electric stove with round knobs used for control

http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Iran/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I0000VEdSENaFOwI

and the interior of a kitchen as I would expect it.

http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Iran/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I000033MRm_TNbvQ

Or maybe they were just (understandably) shy / reluctant to let these
foreigner strangers see into the very core of their habitual domestic
life.

Just wondering.

Brian

Links: