Re: [OM] Focus Stacking in the wilds.

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus Stacking in the wilds.
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 13:45:07 -0500
I like your final version of the Iris.  Nice work!

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 5/26/2016 1:27 PM, DZDub wrote:
On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 8:28 AM, DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Commenting on my own previous comments.  Moose wrote this:

4. Edit=>Auto Blend Layers, with the "Seamless Tones and Colors" box
checked.

5. Usually, but not always, IME, that will create a new top layer,
labeled "Merged" If not, CTRL-Shift-Alt-E will do it.

This never happens for me automatically, but the CTRL-Shift-Alt-E works
like a charm.  I think I'll have other uses for that as well.

Shrewd.  I have an series I want to try this on.  I ended up getting rid
of a ghost artifact with content aware fill:

I think that version was pretty ugly.  This is how the image now looks:

So it's a prosaic little flower pic, but I had composed the shot with the
lower right frond as an essential part.  Therefore, I'm quite happy to have
a way of getting that detail to work!  Thanks Moose.

Joel W.